My programs list aka the shit I use to get things done
Well here is a list of all the programs i have currently installed on my computer. Hopefully it’ll help you all to enhance your own user experience.
Currently I’m running Windows XP SP3
1. Photo Editing
When editing my photos to add to my various blogs and websites and also to add various photo effects I use Photoshop and Photoscape*. If you ever encountered a photo that needs editing or some kind of enhancement then I’m sure you’ve come across the program photoshop. Its a computer program that lets you retouch, reshape, and completely change, distort, or combine pictures, kinda like Microsoft Paint on steroids. Developed and maintained by Adobe Sytems it is currently the leader in Photo Editing software and caries a hefty price tag. But not to worry, they currently have a beta web version available, just visit http://photoshop.com
Photoscape is a photo-editing software that´s a little different from what you know because right on the start screen you´ll have an overview of every single function, e.g like editor, converter etc. You can edit your pictures with a big variety of filters and tools, e.g putting in a speech bubble, certain symbols etc. Photoscape also comes with an included Renamer, RAW-converter and a Gif-animator. Oh and this little handy program is freeware!
2. Document Assistance
Whether or not you just want to read, edit, modify or create a document the Microsoft Office Suite is the way to go. My three favorite flavors are:
- Word: The de facto word processor
- Excel: is a spreadsheet-application. It features calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables and a macro programming language called VBA
- PowerPoint: is a popular presentation program It is used to create slideshows, composed of text, graphics, movies and other objects, which can be displayed on-screen and navigated through by the presenter.
3. Internet Tools
- Browsers: Google Chrome*, Mozilla Firefox*, Internet Explorer
- Antivirus: Avast!*
- FTP Clients: CuteFTP Professional, Filezilla*
- BitTorrent Clients: uTorrent*, Limewire
- Free Downloads Manager*: It is a powerful, easy-to-use and absolutely free download accelerator and manager. Integrates with most browsers.
6. Device Specific
7. Other Tools
- WinRar*: File Archiver
- XP Codec Pack*: Ever had that movie or audio file that just wont play? install this codec pack and you’ll be good to go.
- Komodo Edit*: is a free open-source code editor. Very simple to use
* Denotes freeware
Please note: While there are many freeware tools in this list, many important and advanced programs come at a cost. There are many sites that offer the paid versions for free download (illegally); bt dont be a junkie and download pirated software like some demon droid clone 😛